Tuesday 3 November 2009

Finally a Hare Photo

European Hare - Lepus europaeusThere have been hares (Lepus europaeus) in the garden for some time, but they have proved very elusive and, until today, I have been unable to get a photo.

Just before it got dark this evening I saw this little chap (chapess?) nibbling away on the lawn. I managed to sneak up on it and take this photo, although I did not really get close enough.

What a magnificent creature. It is larger and lighter coloured than a rabbit with quite distinct long ears.

I hope it will make itself at home so that I can get a better chance of a photo.

2 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

Lovely photo. The rabbit is adorable, but I especially like seeing the out of focus leaves in the background.
Maureen

Jenny said...

Thank you. He/she was sitting on the top of a slope so the leaves are actually quite a long way down the hill. They do improve the photo.